Sunday, July 20, 2008

Media Accreditation

Over our two day training session, the cycling venue manager provided us with our media passes.
While I'm still waiting on my pass to provide me access to the volleyball venue, these passes have given us nearly free reign while traveling up and about Beijing. It feels good to have "VIP" service, as we will not have to pay for another subway pass provided we show these passes when purchasing tickets. But on the same note, the severity of security at the Olympics have been very apparent as our passes specifically state not only what venues we have access to, but also what areas in each place we're allowed to be in. Understandably, security at a large event such as the Olympics would be extra tight, but China has taken a step beyond normal security and has put measures into place to have everything under control.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/07/antiterrorism_exercises_in_chi.html

I wonder if I'm getting frisked every time I'm going to get a flash quote.

No comments: