Monday, July 28, 2008

Gift of Family

As the last couple free days were winding down, my aunt who was visiting from Hong Kong to see the games took me out around the city. Our handy media accreditation passes allowed a free trip nearly halfway around the city as I arrived at her apartment.

I haven't seen my aunt in about two or so years, and over the course of that time she's given birth to one my cousin of mine. My meeting up with my aunt allowed me to not only see my other two cousins in the two year span but meet my newest family member as well. This is baby Lillian.



My aunt and her family are in Beijing for the next three weeks as they plan on attending the opening ceremony and a few other events. They're filled with Olympic pride as well.


So our day started with a delicious lunch at a Japanese restaurant at the China World Hotel, followed by a trip back to her apartment here in Beijing. Then the most glorious thing happened. I was able to take a steaming hot shower for the first time in nearly two weeks. The simple things in life.

No comments: