Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tickets Tickets Tickets!

If you haven't noticed, I'm a bit of a basketball nut. I love playing the sport, I love watching the sport, and I love just talking about the sport, but for all my passion for the game, I have never watched a single basketball game live. Sorry, but the Purdue men's and women's team don't count for this purpose.

Imagine my suprise when I was told a few days ago that my aunt had a ticket to the men's basketball finals on the last day of the Olympics. The story gets even sweeter as I realized that I would be able to watch both the bronze medal game and the final itself. If for whatever freak reason the US team were to lose in the semifinals, I would still be able to see them. It's three days away from those games and I can barely control my excitement. I had to ask for the last day off, switch a plane ticket and find some some extreme measures of transportation to make it to those games, but I know it will be well worth it.

Expect a post about the experience when the time comes.

No comments: