Monday, August 18, 2008

Home stretch (part duex)

My previous post listed the things I've been yearning for, and this post will compliment that by talking about the things I will miss most when I leave Beijing.

The Olympic experience

I don't think I really need to explain why this is the first thing on my mind, but I will talk about what makes this trip so special. When I go to work everyday, I look around and I see thousands of people crowding around. Many times I see a sea of blue Adidas volunteer uniforms and I recognize that I'm part of something that only happens every four years. It still hasn't hit me, but I am starting to come to the realization that I've talked to athletes that some people would die to just see in person. It's completely insane, and I can't wait to get the opportunity to sit back and just immerse myself in thought as to how crazy everything has been.

The prices of things

I usually always miss the prices of stuff in China everytime I have to fly back to the States. While I have splurged a bit on some items, I realized that I've spent less here in my two months then what I would usually spend in the States, even being conservative and all.

The people I've met and worked with

They weren't joking when they told us that if we didn't work as a team, our time here as FQRs would be very difficult. Every person is important, and everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses. My colleagues have been instrumental in making things happen when I'm in a tough spot, and hopefully I've done the same for them. I would like to say thanks to my manager Joy (Zhang Jia Ning) for allowing me to not only learn about what it takes to work in a high pressure environment but to make our time as enjoyable as possible.

No comments: